Company History

Company History

2007 Installed Fine Powder plant to produce end users' product requirement
2007 BGLL Obtained ISO 14001 : 2004 Environmental system certification
2004 BGLL Obtained ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management system certification
2000 Graphit Kropfmuehl becomes the major share holder of BGLL
1991 Bogala Graphite Lanka Ltd. becomes a Public Company
1971 Nationalization of the Graphite Industry
1952 New Technology introduced in Bogala Graphite mines and installed electrically machine & pumps
1948 Start of the Post colonial era
1942 Second highest export
1916 Record of tonnage exported
1899 Peak of the Graphite Production
1865 During the decade 1850 - 60 graphite mining was spreading to Sabaragamuwa Province Sri Lanka and Bogala Graphite Mines started
1829 Start of graphite exportation to use
1675 Decoration of clay pots with graphite, in the Kandiyan era.